5. Our System may contain links to other websites and/or platforms that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other such websites and/or platforms is not an endorsement of those sites, or any product or service provided or referenced on those sites, and you acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
6. What information is collected?
b. Depending upon your use of the System, the information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
(1) Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, username, password, and other personally identifiable information; number of people in your household, number of children under the age of 18 in your household, marital status, highest level of education, household income, ethnicity;
(2) Certain financial or demographic profile information to be used in the aggregate, such as your age, gender, number of people in your household, number of children under the age of 18 in your household, marital status, highest level of education, household income, ethnicity, purchasing habits. Demographic information is not considered personal information unless it is linked to personal information about a specific user;
(3) Your transaction history relating to the use of our surveys, products, content, and services; and your sharing of information publicly with others via the System
(4) Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
(5) Computer data or files, often called “cookies”, and other technical means, which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site and for use to credit your account for various online transactions. Please note that if you chose not to accept “cookies”, you may not be able to sign in or use some of the features of our System;
(6) Computer data files, often called “web beacons” or “pixels” are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; your IP address to measure our website traffic, and to help provide a more personalized experience;
(7) Credit/debit card and other billing information, including but not limited to cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, CVV codes, and billing addresses;
(8) Information provided on any application (including the Site) or authorization, such as your location, handset type, your unique handset code, and any and all other information that you or your mobile device provides to us;
(9) Information regarding uses of the services;
(10) Information from online advertisers including, but not limited to, clicks on ads related to purchasing decisions for use in targeting ads; and
(11) Other information provided to us in any other way, shape, or form.
7. How is Information Collected?
a. We may collect information in one or more of the following ways:
(1) Through the completion of electronic forms found on the Site or on a third-party hosted website, on apps, social sites, etc, whether via computer or mobile device;
(2) Through the completion of paper forms provided to us;
(3) Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cell phone, or through email and other communications;
(4) Through telephone calls made to or from us;
(5) Through surveys of any kind, including but not limited to Site, email, or live event.
(6) Through referring websites or third parties, including but not limited to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, and others;
(8) Through third-party web analytics services. We may use third-party web analytics services with on our Company System, such as Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use this Site. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to Google Analytics, who uses the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of Google Analytics to analyze your browsing activities on this Site. To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
(10) Through in-person events or focus groups.
b. Certain portions of the Site may require that you register for an Account before being able to access them. In order to participate in research surveys and promotional activities of the Company, you will need to first qualify, and upon notification of acceptance, then register for an account on our Site. As a part of that registration, we may collect information to create your account, as well as to determine specific content, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
8. Children under the Age of 13
a. Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person who is under the age of 13.
9. How is User Information used and shared?
a. We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Company products or services;
(2) Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service;
(3) Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products, content, and services to offer;
(4) Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products, content, or services we are offering;
(5) Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated;
(6) Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
(7) Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers; and
c. We may provide user information to third-party services providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, customer service, new product development, new content development, research surveys, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with our subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
10. How is User Information Protected?
a. We undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect and secure your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure, which may require you to provide us with proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you; however, we do not guarantee that protection or security. We encourage YOU to take all reasonable steps to protect yourself against the unauthorized access to your passwords by protecting your computers and mobile devices, and the way you handle and disclose your personal information.
b. We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. We may store or transfer your credit/debit card data in order to more easily provide services to you. If such credit/debit card and other billing information is collected and/or stored, such credit/debit card and other billing information will be collected and transferred over a secure connection in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, and is used only for processing underlying transactions. We will share this information only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
11. How can Users Limit Information Collected?
b. While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
(1) You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, content, services, surveys, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products, content, or information regarding the system, and may also disable our ability to communicate with you regarding survey and promotional opportunities.
(3) Should you discontinue services with the System, we reserve the right to maintain certain information related to your account for purchases such as analytical, record keeping, fraud prevention, enforcement of our Terms and Conditions, protection of our System, and other actions permitted by law.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
a. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Site.
13. We Operate in the United States
Our services and offices are located in the United States, so your information, may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. Your use of the System in another country or region with laws that differ from the United States means that you are consenting to the collection, transfer, and storage of your information in the United States, and that you consent to the laws of the United States for purposes related to the System. We reserve the right to deny access to our SYSTEM to any IP address located in a country outside the United States.
14. Contacting us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about the way that we have handled any privacy matter, or if you want to update, delete, or change any personal information we hold about you, by using our privacy contact form. Email can also be sent to us at email@example.com.